Liquid Church is looking for a Outreach Coordinator whose role will be to provides leadership and management of Outreach Events. This volunteer staff role will report directly to the Campus Coordinator, supported by the Outreach Director, and be a part of the Campus Team under the leadership of the Campus Pastor. Time commitment is approximately 15 hours/week on average and may vary depending on season.
- Work with the Outreach Director and campus leadership to identify the annual outreach and impact events for the campus. These events will be agreed to by the campus leadership and approved by the Lead Team.
- Define the project scope for each event in a calendar year.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the steps needed to complete the project.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Prepare and manage the budget to deliver the results in the right time with the appropriate spending.
- Review the work plan, project schedule, and budget with the Campus Pastor and Campus Coordinator and obtain approval from the Outreach Director
- Connect regularly with Campus Coordinator and Outreach Director during event season
Volunteer Recruitment and Coordination
- Recruit, retain and reward volunteer leaders who will lead at each event
- Work closely with Groups Coordinator to recruit volunteers and create opportunities for Groups to serve
- Create volunteer schedule
- Communication – planning and developing materials and communication needed by volunteers
- Send thank you cards to volunteers
- Pray regularly for volunteers
- Establish a debrief mechanism to obtain the necessary feedback to continue to improve objectives, the partner relationships and the volunteer experience
- Provide attendance and debrief report to Campus Coordinator and Outreach Director
What you’ll need:
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
- Enthusiastic and passionate about outreach and creating a great volunteer experience
- Able to balance Grace and Truth relationally
- Understands and supports the vision/mission of Liquid Church
- Able to work collaboratively with Liquid Staff and ministry volunteers
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Tech savvy
- Ability to track and keep to a budget
- Minimum of 1 year of service experience (at Liquid preferred)
Commitment and Status
A volunteer staff member is to be actively involved in the ministry of Liquid. Liquid’s strategy for our community is summarized in three actions: Come, Connect and Contribute. Come and invite your friends to worship at Liquid on Sundays, Connect in a Liquid Group and Contribute by giving and serving. We anticipate that all staff will lead in these areas. All staff are expected to participate in Leadership Development Training (LEAD) which is a commitment of 1 meeting per month for approximately 2 hours as well as some outside of class work.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://liquidchurch.formstack.com/forms/volunteer_staff_application →