Clean Water Cafe – Cashier
Our exceptional staff will serve delicious breakfast, lunch, and specialty coffee creations in a warm, work-friendly environment. The Café will provide local jobs and will create a culture where our differences aren’t just appreciated, they’re celebrated!
Job Summary: Cashier
The Cashier is responsible for accurately processing retail merchandise transactions, maintaining the balance of the cash drawer, and providing customer service to guests of the location.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge which promotes the culture, values and mission of Liquid Church.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain high standards of professionalism.
- Works as a part of a fun, high-energy team.
- Receives payment by cash, credit cards, or gift cards.
- Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Answers customers' questions, and provides information on procedures or policies.
- Greets customers entering establishments.
- Assists customers by listening and resolving their complaints, or by leveling up the complaint to the Cafe Director
- Ensured cleanliness of cafe, completing basic cleaning duties of the cafe including but not limited to cleaning the counters, the tables, washing dishes, taking care of trash, and mopping the floors.
Fundamental Skills Needed:
- Service Orientation: Friendly and positive attitude. Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening: Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communication: Communicates with others to convey information effectively, by way of speaking, using a talking device or using visuals.
- Mathematics: Uses basic math skills and ability to make change
- Social Perceptiveness: Is aware of others' reactions and understands why they react as they do
- Spend Time Standing: Continually or almost continually.
- Contact With Others: Constant contact with others.
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls: Continually or almost continually.
- Deal With External Customers: Extremely important.
- Face-to-Face Discussions: Every day contact with others.
- Work With Work Group or Team: Extremely important.
- Physical Proximity: Moderately close (at arm's length).
- Age: 21+
- Entry level position; no experience required.
- High School and/or GED preferred
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- At times, employers do strongly consider the level of experience and skills. However, the majority of the time the training will be provided by the CWC management team which usually covers areas such as the basics of coffee-making, correct use of equipment and customer service, sometimes unruly or demanding customers.