Clean Water Cafe – Greeter
Our exceptional staff will serve delicious breakfast, lunch, and specialty coffee creations in a warm, work-friendly environment. The CWC will measure its success not in earnings, but in providing employment for adults with Special Needs. The CWC will create a path for our special friends to be accepted, included, and valued in the workplace. The Café will provide local jobs and will create a culture where learning differences aren’t just appreciated, they’re celebrated!
Job Summary: Greeter
The CWC is in search of an experienced Greeter to be a warm welcoming face to our guests. The responsibility of our Greeter is to approach and assist our CWC customers and keep the dining area clean and well-stocked.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Liquid Church.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain high standards of professionalism
- Working as a part of a fun, high-energy team
- Helps with other areas of the restaurant when needed
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival and offers assistance with products and services
- Create and stock sales displays
- Ensured cleanliness of cafe, completing basic cleaning duties of the cafe including but not limited to cleaning the counters, the tables, washing dishes, taking care of trash, and mopping the floors.
- Exercise personable communication with each customer while directing them where they can be best served inside the cafe
- Smile and greet customers
- Create and maintain eye contact
- Communicate Enthusiastically
Fundamental Skills Needed:
- Service Orientation: Friendly and positive attitude. Actively look for ways to help people.
- Active Listening: Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communication: Communicates (talking device, visuals, speak) to others to convey information effectively.
- Spend Time Standing: Continually or almost continually.
- Contact With Others: Constant contact with others.
- Face-to-Face Discussions: Every day contact with others.
- Work With Work Group or Team: Extremely important.
- Age: 21+
- Entry level position; no experience required.
- High School and/or GED preferred
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
At times, employers do strongly consider the level of experience and skills. However, the majority of the time the training will be provided by the CWC management team which usually covers areas such as the basics of coffee-making, correct use of equipment and customer service, sometimes unruly or demanding customers.