Are you a strong writer with social media know-how? Do you have creative ideas for how to get a message heard? Liquid Church is one of the fastest-growing churches in New Jersey and we’re looking for an intern in the area of Communications. We provide Internship opportunities where you will receive personal development, as well as the opportunity to be a part of seeing lives transformed through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Liquid Church Internship Program is designed to give participants ministry experience, as well as a glimpse into the life of someone in ministry. Participants will gain valuable experience while working alongside Liquid staff members.
Our ideal candidate is someone who exhibits a Christ-centered, servant attitude in the way they carry out their responsibilities.
What You Will Learn:
- How to develop social media content
- How to collaborate with a creative team including graphic designers and video producers
- How to write blog posts in Liquid’s voice and utilize search engine optimization in articles to drive web traffic
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities to fine-tune writing skills
What We Require:
We’re looking for a team member with the following traits:
- Strong organization skills, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Attention to detail
- Creativity and flexibility
- Motivated self-starter
We’re looking for a team member with the following skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Writing prowess. We’re looking for creativity and precision! Some experience writing press releases, media pitches, and/or promotional copy is a plus
- A basic understanding of social media strategy
- An interest in church operations or marketing and communications
Candidates under consideration will be required to submit writing samples and complete a custom writing assignment.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will attend marketing and communications meetings and will be encouraged to brainstorm alongside the team, and actively help us implement promotional plans. You will also learn how to work in a fun, professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with other department leaders.
Commitment and Status
An intern is to be actively involved in the ministry of Liquid which includes serving on Sundays. Liquid’s strategy for our community is summarized in three actions: Come, Connect, and Contribute. Come and invite your friends to worship at Liquid on the weekend, Connect in a Life Group and Contribute by giving and serving.
Liquid Summer Internship 2023 Dates are May 23th - August 5th (11 Weeks)
Application Deadline March 31st
Qualifications for all Internships:
- At least 18 years old
- Exemplifies and lives a life in Christ
- Fully supports the vision of Liquid Church
- You are expected to contribute a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- New Jersey Residency
- Unpaid Internship; $1,000 Stipend upon completion of program (unless course credit obtained)