Digital Engagement Director
Big Win: A servant leader who oversees a digital engagement strategy designed to create attractional content to get our target audience to “click” (Reach People) and then creates a digital pathway to get that audience to “connect” (Keep People), effectively leveraging the digital space as way to introduce people to the Gospel and Liquid Church.
The Digital Engagement Director reports directly to the Communications Director on the Air War Team. A full time position, the schedule is generally Monday-Friday for a total of 40 hours/week.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the Church Online strategy and systems, which include evangelism (reaching new people), assimilation (getting guests into community), recruitment for teams (serving with Church Online), and increased engagement in virtual small groups, digital events, and social media so that a robust community is developed.
- Commit to keeping up with Church Online best practices, examining viewer trends, tracking key metrics, and measuring engagement to continually reassess how to best optimize the Church Online product - considering production, length, content, service times, engagement model, and more.
- Partner with the Church Online Staff Team to ensure alignment on strategy and vision for the Church Online product and systems.
- Oversee the Church Online Social Media strategy and assist in practical implementation.
- Create digital next steps for the Church Online audience to build a real sense of community outside the weekend service.
- Revamp the digital New Here experience for Church Online, finding solutions that work for the digital space.
- Work with the Creative Director and Service Programming Director to ensure alignment on production values for Church Online.
- Craft an annual content strategy - highlighting areas of priority for the organization at-large and key ministry partners (e.g., Liquid Family, Small Groups, etc.)
- Create and communicate best practices so that our digital voice is consistent across the organization.
- Create and oversee digital events that are attractional to key audience groups, such as parents and young adults. Manage events from ideation to execution. Craft schedules, lead meetings, create content, coach talent, lead rehearsals, and produce live events.
- In partnership with the Communications Director, work to strategically build Liquid’s Media Library with value-add content produced at a regular rhythm. For example: Podcasts, Blogs, custom YouTube content.
- Continually look for opportunities to refine and improve digital content production at Liquid.
- Oversee the organizational social media structure - including Liquid Church main channels, campus social media channels, and ministry social media channels (e.g., Liquid Family, Liquid College, Liquid Worship, etc.).
- Craft an annual social media strategy - highlighting areas of priority for the organization at-large and key ministry partners.
- Evaluate and refine our social media best practices, guidelines, and staffing structures.
- Track key social media metrics and measure engagement. Use metrics to further inform strategy.
- Host semi-annual training, skills-building, and leadership development workshops for social media volunteers and Liquid Staff to ensure strategy and best practices implementation.
- Remain on the cutting edge of social media platform developments for established and emerging networks, enabling Liquid to pivot as needed and creatively build our following across social media channels.
- Manage our social media advertising strategy; create and post ads as the resident expert
- Partner with the communications teams to develop effective social media campaigns for key annual initiatives (e.g., Outreaches, Holidays, Special Events)
- Assist the Communications Team with daily management of Liquid’s main social media channels: scheduling posts, responding to comments, tracking engagement, etc.
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Digital Marketing, New Media or related field
- Experience - 5 years prior experience in a related position and managing others
- Strategic Planning - Ability to see the big picture and lead on strategy development for the future
- Project Management - Ability to see through multiple major projects at once and meet weekly deadlines
- Innovative Spirit - Learns quickly and can adapt to changing technology and techniques.
- Communication - Embodies the brand and voice of Liquid Church. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal Charisma - A high-profile, energetic leader who attracts and inspires followers
- Relational Ability - A “people” person who works well with staff and volunteers of varying personality types
- Creativity - An ability to think “outside the box”
- Excellence - Maintains a high level of excellence and quality throughout all digital platforms