Discipleship Team Intern
Are you an organized person who loves to work on multiple projects and events? Do you love details and have good follow-through? Liquid Church is one of the fastest-growing churches in New Jersey and we’re looking for an intern to join our Discipleship team. At Liquid, Discipleship is defined as any area where we are encouraging people to take their next steps with Jesus Christ, whatever that step is from brand new believers to seasoned folks who have been walking with Jesus a long time! Discipleship at Liquid Church includes: Prayer Team, Care Teams, Small Groups, and Support Groups. Participants will gain valuable experience while working alongside Liquid staff members. We provide Internship opportunities where you will receive personal development, as well as the opportunity to be a part of seeing lives being transformed through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Liquid Church Internship Program is designed to give participants ministry experience, as well as a glimpse into the life of someone in ministry. Participants will gain valuable experience while working alongside Liquid staff members.
Our ideal candidate is someone who exhibits a Christ-centered, servant attitude in the way that they carry out their responsibilities.
What You Will Learn:
- How a multi-site church is coordinated.
- How to support a variety of departments with multiple agendas.
- Church-wide event planning.
- How to gather & analyze survey data.
Specific Role Details could include:
- Support for our Discipleship Team with multiple ongoing projects and events
- Planning of ReGroup
- Responding to online prayer requests
- Supporting Prayer Teams and Groups Coordinators on campus
- Assistance with research for ministry programs and events (Support Groups, Sermon Series ideas, Group Guides, etc)
- Compile and maintain an itemized inventory of supplies
What We Require:
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfortable expressing the truths of the Christian life.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative, flexible and willing to think outside the box.
- Interest in church operations or the particular area of ministry.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will learn how to work in a fun, professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with other department leaders.
Commitment and Status
An intern is to be actively involved in the ministry of Liquid which includes serving on Sundays. Liquid’s strategy for our community is summarized in three actions: Come, Connect and Contribute. Come and invite your friends to worship at Liquid on Sundays, Connect in a Life Group and Contribute by giving and serving.
The position begins May 23rd and ends August 19th. You are expected to contribute a minimum of 20 hours a week. Please note this internship is not able to fulfill the requirements for students enrolled in counseling programs. New Jersey residency is required.