Family and Special Needs Coordinator
Big Win: A servant leader who develops leaders that nurture the spiritual growth of children in partnership with their parents.
The Family & Special Needs Coordinator serves under the Campus Pastor on the Campus Team with dotted line oversight from the Family Director. A part-time position, the schedule generally includes Sunday support, Tuesday meetings at our central office in Parsippany, and time during the week for a total of 20 hours. This position is Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Oversee the setup and teardown of the physical spaces, making sure that supplies are in their proper place
- Ensure that volunteers are prepared, leading the huddles and communicating the vision and special details for that day
- Interact and communicate with parents, especially those new to the church
- Support, monitor and coach all volunteers who deliver the curriculum, ensuring it is done consistently
- Buddy program: new family liaison, buddy oversight and training inclusion tips to campus
- Point person on campus for special needs inclusion for all ages
- Recruit - Identify/approach interested individuals and process interest forms, working through the role-specific recruiting and selection process
- Retain - Regular communication (through email, text, huddles and team meetings), maintain and communicate the schedule, foster community within and provide spiritual care to the team members, meet with Team Coaches, provide ongoing training
- Reward - Appreciate and celebrate team members regularly
- Experience - 2 years of serving at Liquid Family preferred; Minimum 1 year of service at Liquid or another church required, special needs experience preferred.
- Leadership - responsible for multiple moving pieces on any given Sunday and throughout the week. The person must have strong leadership and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Detail Oriented - the person must be able to keep many details straight and maintain a high level of excellence while multitasking.
- Schedule - Available Sundays and for meetings in the office during the week, especially Tuesday
- Tech Savvy - Learns quickly and can adapt to changing technology with ease
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organization - Excellent organizational and problem solving skills - Is cool under pressure
- Relational ability - A “people” person who works well with Staff and volunteers of varying personality types.