Big Win: A Servant leader who partners with the Campus by connecting with and caring for people within community through the Groups system and is responsible for the day-to-day administrative support of the Campus.
The Groups Coordinator serves under the Campus Pastor on the Campus Team with dotted line oversight from the Groups Director. A part time position, the schedule generally includes Sunday support, Tuesday meetings at our central office in Parsippany, and time during the week for a total of 20 hours. This position is Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Connect people into Groups
- Check in with Group Leaders and Coaches
- Lead Coach and Leader training/info sessions on Campus, as scheduled by Campus Leadership
- Staff Meetings (Tuesdays in Parsippany)
- Group Coordinator Meetings (Tuesdays in Parsippany)
- ALL Staff Meetings and Events
- Monthly Staff Potlucks (first Wednesday each month)
- Support & attend Campus and Church-Wide Groups events
- Visit Groups regularly
- Meet Campus and Church-Wide Groups goals
Volunteers: Coaches and Leaders
- Recruit - Identify/approach interested individuals and process interest forms, working through the role-specific recruiting and selection process
- Retain - Regular communication (through email, text, huddles and team meetings), foster community within and provide spiritual care to the team members
- Reward - Appreciate and celebrate team members regularly
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience - 1-3 years of experience in an administrative or receptionist position. 1 year experience leading a small group within a church community (at least 6 months leading a Group at Liquid)
- Tech Savvy - Ability to learn new and changing technology with ease, proficiency in Google applications preferred
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organization - Able to handle multiple responsibilities at once and organize detailed information; able to stay cool under pressure
- Project Management - Able to see through projects and meet weekly deadlines
- Spiritual Maturity - A person who regularly practices learning God's Word, allowing God to renew their mind, and being obedient to what they learn.
- Relational Ability - A “people” person who works well with staff and volunteers of varying personality types.
Liquid Church is a Bible-based, Christ-centered evangelical megachurch with a vision to “Saturate the State with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.” Since launching in 2007, Liquid has experienced 16 years of rapid growth & changed lives– baptizing over 3,100 people in Jesus’ Name.
With multiple campuses located across New Jersey, over 5,000 people currently experience weekly services featuring dynamic Bible teaching, powerful worship, and cutting-edge family ministry. We have a passion for serving families with special needs, our hungry & homeless neighbors, and bringing clean water to thirsty nations.
Liquid is regularly spotlighted as one of America’s “Top 100 Fastest-Growing Churches” by Outreach magazine. Our innovative approach to ministry has been featured on CNN, FOX News, and The Today Show. Read this NPR article to get a feel for our vibrant, ethnically diverse, multigenerational community.