Special Needs Inclusion Coordinator
Under the direction of the Special Needs Director, the Special Needs Coordinator’s primary goal is to support special needs inclusion and development at their campus. This is a 40 hour/week position, working Sunday-Thursday, in addition to special events.
The Special Needs Coordinator will be responsible for providing VIP care to families with special needs, oversight of kids & middle school inclusion experiences in Sunday environments, and championing inclusion as opportunities develop for high school and adults with special needs at Liquid.
- Oversee buddy program in Liquid Family (birth - middle school):
- Perform an intake interview for new families
- Recruit and train new buddies (volunteers) to provide a regular buddy to each child/student with special needs
- Observe buddies in their roles and provide training, regular feedback and encouragement
- Maintain forms, documentation for each child, chill space equipment, and supplies
- Work alongside Liquid Family team to provide inclusion tips to all volunteers
- Be the contact person on campus for getting high school and adults with special needs connected to small groups and serving opportunities.
Build meaningful relationships with your buddies
- Connect weekly with your buddies for midweek communication & follow up
- Be familiar with curriculum for all Liquid Family environments and provide modification tips to buddies before Sunday; prepare tools for specific curriculum modifications
- Develop Team Coaches for each Phase at the campus for Sunday environments
Support families with special needs
- Spend weekly connecting time with Liquid Family campus team to assess needs of families
- Contact each family regularly (for Sunday preparation and ongoing care)
- Connect families with campus systems (spiritual care, small groups, etc.) to care for families
- Provide support to including high school students in small groups/high school experience
- Facilitate connection and planning with Small Groups for adults with special needs
- Assist SN Director in planning and executing Parent’s Night Out events; recruit PNO volunteers and train up new leaders to aid in execution
- Attend a Sunday service every week; rotate serving the other service(s).
- Full Time Staff role (40 hours), Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday office presence
- Office time and meetings on Tuesday, one-on-one meeting with Special Needs Director (bi-weekly)
- Regular connecting time with buddies and families
- Occasional respite events
- Staff meetings and training
The Special Needs Coordinator is a relational and detailed oriented role that is responsible for maintaining the systems and support of special needs inclusion. The SN Coordinator should be a strong leader with clearly recognized gifts in the following areas:
- Leadership – The SN Coordinator is responsible for multiple moving pieces on any given Sunday and throughout the week. The person must have strong leadership and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Team Player – have a great attitude with staff and volunteers of varying personality types, willing to serve staff, volunteers and teammates.
- Management Skills – recruiting and motivating volunteer teams to “make church happen”.
- Detail Oriented – the person must be able to keep many details straight and maintain a high level of excellence while multi-tasking.
- Experience - has worked in the field of Special Needs
- Personal Character – needs to be a person with high level of integrity and personal character.
- “Can Do” Attitude – willing to do whatever it takes to make services and church events effective.