Special Needs Inclusion Intern
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding experience working with people who have special needs? Are you interested in gaining experience with proven inclusion strategies for children, teens and adults with disabilities? This opportunity provides a hands-on experience for those looking to pursue a career in the field of special needs. Liquid Church is one of the fastest-growing churches in New Jersey and we’re looking for an intern in the area of Special Needs Inclusion. You will receive personal development, as well as the opportunity to be part of seeing lives being transformed through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Liquid Church Internship Program is designed to give participants ministry experience as well as a glimpse into the life of someone in ministry. Participants will gain valuable experience while working alongside Liquid staff members. Our ideal candidate is someone who exhibits a Christ-centered, servant attitude in the way that they carry out their responsibilities.
What You Will Learn:
- How to plan for special needs inclusion in our Sunday environments
- How to create tools, modifications, and resources to support volunteers implementing inclusion.
- How to support specific individuals with special needs on a Sunday morning through hands-on experience.
- Assist our Special Needs staff team in daily activities.
- How to best communicate and care for families affected by special needs.
What We Require:
- Volunteer experience in a church ministry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with Google Apps, but we will also train.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative, flexible, and willing to think outside the box.
- Interest in special needs ministry.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become more knowledgeable in creating an inclusive environment that supports people of all ages and abilities. You will also learn how to build relationships and work across departments to ensure successful inclusion in developing areas. The amount of responsibility given to the intern depends on what each individual proves they can handle.
Commitment and Status
An intern is to be actively involved in the ministry of Liquid which includes serving on Sundays. Liquid’s strategy for our community is summarized in three actions: Come, Connect and Contribute. Come and invite your friends to worship at Liquid on Sundays, Connect in a Life Group and Contribute by giving and serving.
Liquid Summer Internship 2023 Dates are May 22nd - August 4th (11 Weeks)
Application Deadline March 31st
Qualifications for all Internships:
- At least 18 years old
- Exemplifies and lives a life in Christ
- Fully supports the vision of Liquid Church
- You are expected to contribute a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- New Jersey Residency
- Unpaid Internship; $1,000 Stipend upon completion of program (unless course credit obtained)