Big Win: A servant leader who develops cohesive weekly teams that move the church towards engaging worship through a seamless service.
The Worship Leader serves under the Campus Pastor on the Campus Team with dotted line oversight from the Worship Director. A part-time position, the schedule generally includes Sunday support, Tuesday meetings at our central office in Parsippany and time during the week for a total of 15 hours.
- Lead the campus in Worship
- Manage music-related needs for the campus
- Review past services for improvements and to identify best practices
- Participate in the planning of future services
- Rehearse with the worship team (weeknights)
- Recruit – Identify/approach interested individuals and process interest forms, working through the role-specific recruiting and selection process
- Retain – Regular communication (through email, text, huddles and team meetings), maintain and communicate the schedule, foster community within and provide spiritual care to the team members
- Reward – Appreciate and celebrate team members regularly
- Knowledge – basic understanding of music theory
- Abilities – competent instrumentalist (guitar or piano) and vocal proficiency
- Experience – Minimum 2 years of experience on a Worship Team at a church of 250 or more, leadership of a Worship Team preferred
- Schedule – Available Sundays from setup to teardown, for meetings in the office during the week, specifically Tuesday, and weeknight rehearsal
- Tech Savvy – Learns quickly and can adapt to changing technology with ease, experience with Google application preferred
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relational ability – A “people” person who works well with Staff and volunteers of varying personality types.
- Leadership – Ability to lead under pressure with optimistic attitude