What are you facing in your life that feels bigger than you? Are there some circumstances in your life that feel overwhelming to you? You may see a long list of opposition or unanswered prayers. Is there a long list of giants in your life that seem impossible to defeat on your own? You are not alone! We all have giants in our lives that we must face.
WHAT IS A GIANT?
A giant is something that imposes itself. It's something that tries to destroy an aspect of your life. It could be trying to tear your family or marriage apart. It's something that comes against your health or finances. It's something that's coming against you; its end game is to destroy you by any means necessary. In the Bible, 1st Samuel 17, there's a story about David, who had to face a giant named Goliath. David found himself standing between the calling and destiny of his life and this big giant, Goliath!
What has God called you to do? We all have a purpose. But, unfortunately, the enemy desires to destroy the possibility of us fulfilling God's call and purpose in our lives.
YOU HAVE A CHOICE
When it comes to the giants in our lives, we have choices. The first thing we must do is decide to face the giant head-on! We cannot fix anything we are unwilling to face. But, we have options; we can choose to freeze, flee or fight!
David was small in stature, but he knew God was dwelling on the inside of Him! So he understood 1st John 4:4, which confirms, "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." So, David chose to face his giant instead of freezing or fleeing! He decided to fight.
CHOOSE TO FIGHT: USE WHAT YOU HAVE!
Like David, we must fight the giants we face. But when you have God, the greater one dwelling inside of you, you don't have to be afraid of what's coming against you! So, according to 1st Samuel 17:49, David used what was in his arsenal: 5 smooth stones! David used what he had to kill and defeat Goliath!
What will you use to fight your giant? What's in your arsenal? As believers, we have the greatest weapon: PRAYER! James 5:16b says, "The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results."
Do you realize how powerful you are because of Christ living inside you? Do you understand that the giant in front of you can and will be defeated when you decide to FIGHT?!
21 DAYS OF BREAKTHROUGH!
Whatever giant you currently face, be encouraged and know the giant may be bigger than you, but it isn't bigger than our God! You are not alone. As a church, for 21 Days, we will be praying and fasting for breakthrough. Remember, seeing a breakthrough starts with seeking God. We invite you to join us on this spiritual journey!
Here are (3) options to consider for your fast:
- Full 21-Day Fast: Follow the Daniel Fast diet of no meats, sweets, bread, alcohol, or soda, and instead eat fruits and vegetables and drink water!
- Modified Fast: Try fasting one day a week (or one meal a day) for the next 21 days, or abstain from alcohol, soda, and caffeine. You can modify the Daniel Fast diet by adding protein, such as chicken.
- Non-Food Fast: Consider giving up something else for 21 days, such as social media, TV, or Netflix.
Let's defeat these giants together!
We want to help you experience a sense of renewal in your life as we kick off the new year. At the end of the 21 days of Prayer & Fasting, we believe we will hear amazing stories of the many ways God has worked in us and through us in this season of faithfulness to Him! For additional resources, check out the links below:
- JOIN US: For more information and to join us for Breakthrough: 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting, click here.
- MESSAGE: The Power of Prayer and Fasting: Pastor Tim Lucas shares excellent insight on what it means to pray and fast. To watch the entire message, click here.
- DEEP BREATHE: Deep Breath is a daily devotional text message that comes straight to your phone Monday through Friday. These short videos help you get your morning going with a dose of Scripture, guided prayer, and some motivation from Pastor Tim Lucas to start your day off right. SIGN UP HERE.