Spiritual Care & Counseling
One of the hard realities of life is that none of us is exempt from life’s hardships and heartaches. We are broken people living in a broken world… but Liquid is here to help! It’s our privilege to come alongside and encourage you through spiritual care, counseling, and prayer.
Click here to request prayer from our Prayer Team. All requests are kept completely confidential.
The decision to get Professional Counseling is not a sign of weakness or failure, but an act of courage and strength to admit one’s need. Liquid has an extensive network of Professional Counselors to whom we can refer you.
How do I know if I need counseling?
When should counseling help be sought? The short answer is, “When you feel like…
- your problem is getting worse, not better.
- you can no longer manage an issue on your own.
- your life is being harmed by a problem you cannot seem to solve.
- you are afraid, anxious, or worried all the time.
- you have lost interest in life or think it’s not worth living.
- you are depressed, discouraged, or feeling hopeless.
- your relationships are marked with conflict.
- you are stuck in repeated harmful patterns of behavior.
- you can’t seem to get past something from the past.
- you are having problems forming and maintaining healthy relationships.
- you are having a difficult time getting close to God.
- you are having eating, food, or sleeping issues.
How do I know if my child needs counseling?
While not a complete list, the following behaviors and symptoms may indicate that your child would benefit from counseling:
- acting much older or younger than their age.
- having ongoing difficulty eating or sleeping.
- having unusual difficulty making friends or being alone.
- having experienced a traumatic event (divorce, death, abuse, etc.)
- displaying unusual defiance, anger, or aggressiveness.
- consistently lying and/or stealing.
- repeatedly in trouble at school or with the law.
- acting in a destructive or harmful way to people, property, or animals.
- always “good.”
- generally depressed, sad, or withdrawn.
- excessive worry and anxiety.
- having very negative self-image.
- unable to accept making a mistake or imperfection.
- expressing suicidal wishes or behaving self-destructively.
- showing extreme sensitivity to failure or criticism.
No church can possibly provide help for all of the specific issues that people struggle with. Therefore, we encourage you to check out some of the groups available in our area:
- Sexaholics Anonymous: www.sa.org
A recovery program to stay sexually sober.
- Celebrate Recovery: www.celebraterecovery.com
A Christ-centered recovery program that helps in the recovery from alcoholism, divorce, sexual abuse and drug addiction.
- Most Excellent Way: www.mostexcellentway.org
A Christ-based approach to chemical dependency.
- Divorce Care Groups: www.divorcecare.com
A group for anyone experiencing the painful process of divorce or separation.
- Grief Share Groups: www.griefshare.org
A support group for people grieving the loss of someone close.
PORNOGRAPHY & SEXUAL ADDICTION
At Liquid, we talk openly about porn. Not to demoralize or condemn anyone, but help lead the way to healing and restoration. CLICK HERE to listen to the message series “Porn Again: Exposing America’s Dirty Little Secret” for an eye-opening look at addiction & recovery. If you’re wrestling with issues related to porn and sexual compulsivity, here are some other resources to help you take a first step toward the freedom Christ offers:
- www.x3watch.com – free accountability software for your computer
- www.pureonline.com – for those who want to break free
- www.everymansbattle.com – support in the battle for sexual integrity
First Choice Women’s Resource Centers
With locations in Morristown, Montclair, Jersey City, Newark, and Plainfield, First Choice is a safe, supportive place for help with an unintended pregnancy.